My first official post!
Gahhh! Where do I even begin with all of this?
I guess at the beginning?
So... the REAL beginning would be starting off talking about my childhood, how I hated sweating, loved food (SO much), and didn't ever see a cookie that I didn't fall in love with.
However, the real story about Muffintop2marathoner would start in 2014.
So, I know some of you are thinking, "Alright L, what exactly was the kick that you needed in 2014?
30. That was the kick.
30 FREAKING YEARS OLD.
It was like a freight train hitting me.
Shattering my incredibly heavy body over the tracks.
I was miserable.
I was uncomfortable.
I needed to change.
So... I set out to lose "some weight".... and what transpired over the next 2 years, would become my journey from muffintop, to marathoner.
I would start this weighing around 305 pounds. I don't think I weighed myself at my heaviest, but I'm going to guess it was *around* there. I had just shattered my ankle the year before (it was a combination of my clutziness, and an inibility to walk downstairs safely.... plus putting 300+ pounds of pressure on one joint to stop a descent down the stairs). I was a wreck. So I had decided that I would put my all into making better choices.
In early 2015, I had lost a considerable amount of weight (I was down to 250, or so), and I decided that the best course of action was to sign up for a race a long ways away.
I signed up for the wineglass half. In October 2015.
I trained.
I finished.
I was on my way to the next course of my life: Which would be the marathon.
I decided at the finish line of that race that I wanted Wineglass to be my first marathon, as well. So in 2016, it was.
That has been the last marathon that I have done. I have finished more than 10 half marathons, a dozen 5K's, and a few 10's, and I love running and the bling that you get along with it. I adore the feeling of accomplishing something grand, and I love the way that my body feels when I'm "back in the saddle" with running. I also have a new fitbit versa that is absolutely changing the way that I'm moving, and I adore every second of it.
So that's me in a nutshell. That's an incredibly watered down version of what actually transpired between 2014-now, but that's the running part of it, anyway. The personal stuff will come later.
My goal is to start posting more often the reflective part of running: the part that people don't always post. The doubt. The fueling. The "how do I talk myself up and get myself out the door for this?" type of thing.
Stay Tuned,
~LB
I guess at the beginning?
So... the REAL beginning would be starting off talking about my childhood, how I hated sweating, loved food (SO much), and didn't ever see a cookie that I didn't fall in love with.
However, the real story about Muffintop2marathoner would start in 2014.
So, I know some of you are thinking, "Alright L, what exactly was the kick that you needed in 2014?
30. That was the kick.
30 FREAKING YEARS OLD.
It was like a freight train hitting me.
Shattering my incredibly heavy body over the tracks.
I was miserable.
I was uncomfortable.
I needed to change.
So... I set out to lose "some weight".... and what transpired over the next 2 years, would become my journey from muffintop, to marathoner.
I would start this weighing around 305 pounds. I don't think I weighed myself at my heaviest, but I'm going to guess it was *around* there. I had just shattered my ankle the year before (it was a combination of my clutziness, and an inibility to walk downstairs safely.... plus putting 300+ pounds of pressure on one joint to stop a descent down the stairs). I was a wreck. So I had decided that I would put my all into making better choices.
In early 2015, I had lost a considerable amount of weight (I was down to 250, or so), and I decided that the best course of action was to sign up for a race a long ways away.
I signed up for the wineglass half. In October 2015.
I trained.
I finished.
I was on my way to the next course of my life: Which would be the marathon.
I decided at the finish line of that race that I wanted Wineglass to be my first marathon, as well. So in 2016, it was.
That has been the last marathon that I have done. I have finished more than 10 half marathons, a dozen 5K's, and a few 10's, and I love running and the bling that you get along with it. I adore the feeling of accomplishing something grand, and I love the way that my body feels when I'm "back in the saddle" with running. I also have a new fitbit versa that is absolutely changing the way that I'm moving, and I adore every second of it.
So that's me in a nutshell. That's an incredibly watered down version of what actually transpired between 2014-now, but that's the running part of it, anyway. The personal stuff will come later.
My goal is to start posting more often the reflective part of running: the part that people don't always post. The doubt. The fueling. The "how do I talk myself up and get myself out the door for this?" type of thing.
Stay Tuned,
~LB
Comments
Post a Comment